My last post, about racism and confronting it within ourselves, generated a lot of argument here on the blog as well as amongst my Facebook friends. This one is not so heavy. I want to write about some of the awesome and amazing things I’ve learned from my two little monsters.
So here goes:
Ten Life Lessons I learned from my Awesome Kids
1) Don’t open diapers quickly! My first life lesson learned from my son when he was home on his first day. Cold air plus rapidly opened diaper means the child pees straight up into the face of the parent. Ewwww!!!!!
2) Tickling is not optional.
3) Children look better when they are being held upside down.
4) Sometimes you have to be the bad guy.
5) Misbehaving children are just as much or more stressful than misbehaving bosses.
6) If you dribble crumbs, banana peels, peanuts, drinks and other unknown substances into the base of a minivan for six months, you can create mysterious new life forms.
7) If the fish are happy in the aquarium, unlike Nemo, they probably don’t need to be rescued.
8) Make sure the children are completely inside the vehicle before you close the door!
9) Re-reading Dr. Seuss is only fun the first three hundred times.
10) Keep hammers out of reach of angry toddlers.
Okay… let’s have it. If you had to pick just one thing to add to this list, what would it be?